When buying or renting a new home or flat there are unfortunately costs involved at every turn. Its best to get your head around all the different costs so you can’t be caught off guard at any time during the moving process.
When arranging a mortgage there are a number of different costs involved and its different for everyone as its dependent on your individual situation. Get on the comparison websites to find the best up to date deals available.
• Mortgage Application Fee (this is lender dependent so always ask what the upfront cost would be)
• Arrangement Fee (Also known as the Product Fee or Completion Fee again this is lender dependent)
• Valuation Fee (This fee may be waived on certain mortgage deals)
• Early Repayment Charge (Some lenders will not charge you for leaving or changing your mortgage deal but also check with them before signing a new mortgage deal)
• Legal Fees (You will need a Solicitor to arrange all your paperwork)
You will need Home and Contents insurance to make sure your covered for Fire, Floods, Frozen Pipes, Accidental Damage etc. Again this is where comparison websites like GoCompare or Compare The Market come in very handy. There are some great deals to be had and you can save a lot of money by doing your research.
It is always best to clean your home before you leave and if you can afford it then hiring a cleaning company is usually the best way, it saves you the hassle of doing it because you will be busy enough with everything else and if you find a good reputable company then they will do a better job than you will! It will give you peace of mind that you are leaving you home in a good condition for the next owners.
We already have some handy guides on our blog with tips on how best to get prepared for moving and of course we may be slightly biased but we do believe Kingdom Removals offer the best value for money removal service in Edinburgh, Glasgow and the whole of the West Of Scotland.
You may have to store some of your items if you can’t move into your new property straight away. Of course if you can store them with family or friends this is great but if not then we have some great deals on Storage Solutions.
You probably won’t feel like cooking for the first new days in your new home as you will be exhausted so keep some money aside and try out your new local restaurants or takeaways – treat yourselves! P.S. Just Eat is a great place to get started 🙂